A lot of OEM Providers are locking the bootloader of their devices because of Security issue. In this post, we will check How to Unlock Bootloader of Android Phone Via Fastboot Mode.
The bootloader of your phone needs to be unlocked in order to flash the custom recovery(CWM/TWRP Recovery), flashable images, Kernels, Push Files and to install stock firmware in case of your device is bricked. By unlocking the bootloader of this device it allows you to make any modification in Fastboot Mode/Bootloader Mode.
The main purpose of this is to Root the devices by Flashing SuperSU or Magisk Root through any Custom recovery to grant root access on that smartphone.
Keep Remember: Unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data/Files completely. Hence, Make sure that you have backup your all important files. Also, It voids your device warranty on Some Manufacturers. Don’t point at us that we haven’t notified you regarding this.
How to Unlock Bootloader Using Fastboot Mode
Now, How can we Unlock Bootloader of Android Device? Bootloader unlocking process depends on how the Manufacturer is locked Bootloader. i.e In Xiaomi Phones, You need to request the Xiaomi to unlock permission & after granting permission you can unlock it by using Mi Flash Tool.
Hence, This process will work on the devices of those manufactures which allows their user to unlock bootloader whenever they want. i.e You just need to use fastboot oem unlock command in fastboot mode to make this happen.
So, Let’s get started?
- Android One Devices
Requirments to Unlock Android Bootloader:
- Download ADB & Fastboot Driver & install them on your computer.
- If the above ADB drivers didn’t work for you then try installing Minimal ADB & Fastboot Driver.
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock on your smartphone.
- Charge your device well enough.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Android Phone
01. Make sure that you have installed ADB & Fastboot drivers correctly. Also, Enable USB Debugging & tick the OEM Unlock option.
02. Connect your smartphone to the computer using USB Cable.
03. Now, Open Command Window on your Screen.
To open the Command Window, You can either run it from Start Menu or Press Right-click button of your mouse while holding shift button.
From the options choose “Open Command Window here” or “Open PowerShell window here“.
04. Enter the following command in the command window to check whether your device is successfully connected or not.
On the first usage, you may get a request to authorize USB Debugging Allow it to continue.
If this didn’t show your device then you need to install ADB & Fastboot Driver properly.
05. It’s time to boot your device into Fastboot Mode. Don’t worry! will use ADB Command to boot your device into Fastboot Mode. Use the following command to Reboot the Phone into Fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
You will be in the Fastboot mode now or Bootloader Mode on some OEM’s.
06. Simply put the following command and hit the enter button to unlock bootloader of your Android Device.
fastboot oem unlock
Here is the alternative command to unlock bootloader of your device.
fastboot oem unlock-go
As soon as you hit the enter the button the bootloader unlocking process will start. Within few seconds the process will finish. On Some devices, it may ask for permission to unlock the bootloader on your Mobile Screen. So, Make sure that you have allowed them.
Here are the Commands for the other Devices:
fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem unlock
fastboot -i 0x2a96 oem unlock
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Android Smartphone. It all depends on how your Manufactures has locked the bootloader.
Check the Bootloader Status of Android Device
Now, You have unlocked the bootloader of your device. Here is the Fastboot Command to check the Bootloader status of any Android device.
fastboot oem device-info
If it shows “Device unlocked: True” that means the bootloader of the phone is unlocked.
For now, we welcome you to the world of Android Development. Now you can Flash Custom Recovery, Kernal & Custom ROMs on your phone.
So, This was the overall guide to Unlock Bootloader using Fastboot Mode on Android by using fastboot oem unlock command.
If you like this post then don’t forget to share this post along with your friends. Also, If you have any query or facing any issue related this then don’t forget to comment down below we will try to solve it ASAP!