Hello User! Today will check How you can Install TWRP with Odin Tool on Samsung Galaxy Phones. This is the easiest way to Flash TWRP with Odin & after this, you can Safely Root your device or Flash anything you want.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is the most used Custom Recovery now. This recovery comes with some excellent features now. With this recovery, You will able Flash Custom ROMs, Recoveries, Kernels. You can take a full backup of the device & Restore it whenever you need it again. Most of the times users use this recovery to flash the SuperSU binaries which allows you to grant root access.
TWRP Recovery is the Open Source Project hence there are both Official & Un-Official builds are available for the various devices. You can use any build available for your device. Hence, If your device is not listed on the Official TWRP Recovery website then you can still search on the Android Developers forums like XDA Developers.
Now, Odin is the Tool for the flashing/Updating device Stock Firmware(Stock ROMs). But the Advanced Samsung users are using this Tool for this various purposed like Flashing Custom Recovery, Flashing Kernels, Boot.img files, Flash CF Auto Root Tool to grant root access directly.
Keep Remember: Unlocking Bootloader & Installing TWRP Recovery may void your warranty. Also, In case if anything goes wrong you may be ended with losing Data or bricking your device. Don’t worry! We can recovery through boot loop easily.
Steps to Flash TWRP Recovery Using Odin Tool on Samsung Devices
Here are this steps to Flash TWRP with Odin Tool. The only two requirements for this flashing recovery is you need the right recovery of the device & Odin flash tool. We have given direct download links to download required both the files.
Download TWRP Recovery
Below is the Official Website of TeamWin Recovery Project. Go through all devices & Download the recovery of your device which will be in the .tar file format or .img format sometimes. Make sure that you have correct TWRP Recovery & You can also Search the XDA Developers forums & Blogs for the unofficial builds.
- Download TWRP Recovery For Samsung Devices (Official Website)
Pro Tip: You can Download the TWRP Recovery of your device just by google it if it is available. Just search for “your device name twrp download” i.e One Plus 5T TWRP Download like this.
Download Odin Tool
As you know the only possible way to flash it is using Odin Tool. Go through the below download link & Download the latest Odin Tool & Extract it on your computer.
01. Open the extracted Odin Folder & Run Odin.exe file.
02. Make Sure that you have installed Samsung USB Driver & Downloaded the right TWRP Recovery file of your device.
02. Now, Boot your Samsung Phone into Odin/Download Mode. To boot into Download Mode,
- Turn off your device completely.
- Press Home + Power On + Volume down button at the same time.
- You will see “Warning” message on the screen. Press “Volume Up” button to accept & Continue.
- You are in the Download/Odin Mode now.
03. Connect the Phone to PC Using USB Cable.
04. As soon as you connect the phone to PC you will see “Added” on the Odin Screen. If it didn’t detect the device then try installing USB Driver again.
05. On Odin Tool, Click on the “AP” or “PDA” tab & select the downloaded recovery file which you want to flash via Odin.
06. Before pressing “Start” button make sure that in “Option” Tab you have checked “F.Reset time” & “Auto Reboot” Only. Don’t Play with other options which will cause serious issues.
07. Press “Start” button to install twrp recovery using Odin. Once done you will see a Success message like “Pass” on the screen. It will automatically reboot the phone.
Kudos! That’s it! We have successfully installed TWRP Recovery or any other Custom Recovery using Odin Tool. You can disconnect the device now.
How to Boot into TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Phones?
- Switch off the phone completely.
- To boot into Recovery interface, Press “Home + Power On + Volume Up” buttons & hold them for few seconds.
- Release the keys as Soon as the TWRP logo appears on the screen.
You are in the TWRP Recovery interface now. Now, You are ready to flash the SuperSU, Custom ROMs, Kernels & various other flashable packages.
Do Comment below if you are facing any kind of issue while flashing. Keep Sharing & Supporting!